Florida is known for its amazing summer weather, but did you know that it’s just as amazing in the fall?
Fort Myers Beach is a lovely little town in Florida located on Estero Island overlooking the Gulf of Mexico with miles of gorgeous beaches. While you might not have thought about visiting this quaint little beach town in the fall, it’s one of the best times of the year to do so! Here’s why:
Natural Fall Beauty
A crisp autumn breeze will accompany the soothing ocean tide as you stroll along the public beaches of Fort Myers Beach.
Besides the beaches the town is named for, however, there are also three amazing parks for you to enjoy. Autumn is one of the most beautiful times of the year, and it’s no different in these three Fort Myers Beach parks:
- Bowditch Point Regional Park. Enjoy walking trails, a wildlife preserve, and amazing views of Estero Bay at this 17 acre park at Estero Island’s northern tip.
- Lovers Key State Park. Previously only accessible by a boat, this island is named for the romantic, beautiful scenery on the island. Take time to enjoy the peace and quiet while bird watching, hiking, and relaxing along a secluded beach.
- The Pier and Lynn Hall Park. Owned and operated by Lee County, this park offers a wonderful view of the Gulf of Mexico and plenty of nature kiosks for anybody who wants to learn about the local wildlife. This park also offers covered areas for picnicking and a newly renovated playground for your children.
Fabulous Fall Events
Fort Myers is home to some of the most exciting events in Florida. Whether you’re an art lover, a foodie, or just love the beach, there’s something for everyone:
- Farmers Market. Fort Myers Beach’s famous farmers market is a tradition held from November through October. You can find great deals on local goods, including seafood, fruits and vegetables, flowers, and plants.
- American Sandsculpting Championships. 2014 will mark the 28th annual American Sandsculpting Championships, a 10-day event where the best sandsculpters in the world compete to build amazing art using just sand from Fort Myers Beach!
- Paint the Beach. In November, Fort Myers Beach celebrates art by inviting over 50 artists to paint its gorgeous beaches for three days. The celebration culminates with a display and auction of the art produced.
Terrifying Halloween Festivities
The only thing scary about Fort Myers Beach is how much there is to do for Halloween! Here’s just a sample of what Fort Myers Beach has to offer:
- Murder Mystery Dinner Train. For over 20 years, the Seminole Gulf Railway has run a live murder mystery show, which is enjoyed as you dine on a five course meal. During Halloween, there is a special murder mystery costume party.
- Camp Frightmare Haunted Walk. For a couple weeks every October, the nearby Calusa Nature Center runs a haunted boardwalk stroll taking you through butcher shops, cemeteries, and haunted tunnels.
- Lots of Costume Parties. Many restaurants in Fort Myers hold costume parties on Halloween. In the past, these parties have included magic shows, cash prizes, and drink specials.
Sun Palace Vacations
877-217-0099 – Toll free
239-314-0240 – Local
866-422-2814 – Reservations