Get your taste buds warmed up and your palates cleared because the 22d Annual Fort Myers Beach Taste of the Beach festival is set for May 7!
The one-day culinary carnival is always a hit and one of the most enthusiastically received events all year long on Fort Myers Beach. Yes, we like to eat and the beach community is home to some of the finest restaurants and cafes in the Southwest Florida region.
As it is every year, Taste of the Beach is open from noon to 4 p.m. on Old San Carlos Boulevard. just down the street from Times Square. Keep up with the festival’s latest updates on Facebook.
Restaurants will offer samples of signature dishes, available for purchase, and compete for top Taste of the Beach Award honors in the categories of Best Appetizer, Best Beef or Veal Dish, Best Seafood Dish, Best Chicken Dish, Best Dessert, Best Decorated Booth, and People’s Choice. Gates open at 11:00 a.m.
Tickets will be available on site. Admission is $5 for adults and children over 12. Children under 12 are free. Food tickets will be $1.00 each, with a $5 average food serving price.
Live music will be enhance the dining delights all afternoon.
Winners of the 2016 Taste of the Beach competition included:
- Best Appetizer – La Ola Surfside Restaurant for their BBQ bacon-wrapped shrimp appetizer.
- Best Meat – Bootleggers Waterfront Barbeque for their Baby Back Ribs
- Best Chicken – Bootleggers Waterfront Barbeque for their Chicken Wings
- Best Seafood – Parrot Key Caribbean Grill for their Crab Avocado Mango Stack
- Best Dessert – Jack’s Farm to Fork for their Flourless Chocolate Cake with Homemade Ice Cream and Fresh Strawberries.
- People’s Choice – Jack’s Farm to Fork