The beach and its beers – craft beers, that is!
As if beautiful Fort Myers Beach isn’t a good enough reason to visit, our region is also home to some of the finest craft breweries in Florida.
Check our available homes for the week you want to visit and join us for vacation! Order our free Vacation Guide to learn more about all the activities in Southwest Florida!
Book now and get summer rate specials, including early bird specials & Florida resident specials!
Yes, we know: a growing craft beer industry is not what immediately jumps to mind when you think of Southwest Florida and, yet, Fort Myers micro-breweries – and more further south in Naples – are among the most heralded in the Sunshine State. In fact, the region boast nine craft breweries (and growing), all of which are distinct and of their own special character.
And what could be better after a relaxing day in the sun and the surf than a cold, specially-crafted local beer?
Perhaps the best known of the regional craft breweries is Fort Myers Brewing Company. Named Florida’s Best Large Brewer in 2016, the company is in many ways leading the Florida craft brew industry. It’s Chocolate Stout, a coffee and chocolate brew won a gold medal at the same competition. Over 100 establishments serve their crafts all over the state but there is no better place to get a taste than right where they are made.
Aspiring to equal acclaim – and located just off Fort Myers Beach to the north – is Point Ybel Brewing, which brought home Gold Medal honors at the 2016 Florida Beer Championship for its Jackfruit Sour, crafted from Pine Island jackfruit.
And not to be outdone, the very first Fort Myers craft brewery, Bury Me Brewing, has won awards for its Bag O’ Bones brew, which is an English-style ale. Momentum Brewhouse in Bonita Spring has also won awards for its English-style barley wine ale called, Twisted Cap.
And if getting around to all the delightful breweries in Southwest Florida leaves you perplexed there is a handy way to sample them all through the Southwest Florida Brewery Tours, a guided behind-the-scenes or customized cruise through the burgeoning SWFL beer economy.
Old Soul Brewing Company in Fort Myers features masterfully crafted beers made with unique flavors, high-quality ingredients, and a passion for craft brews. Their coconut kolsch and light speed beers are delicious!
Featured brews at Fort Myers Brewing
- Gateway Gold: As one of their flagship beers, Gateway Gold is perfect for those new to lusciously bitter brews. The golden ale is smooth, light bodied, and accented with just a touch of sweetness.
- City of Palms Pils: Named after the beloved city of Fort Myers, this crisp ale is the ideal summer beer. It also received the silver medal for the Best Florida Beer Competition in 2016!
- Cypress Strong: This malty beer is a huge crowd pleaser! Its smooth flavor is enhanced with hints of sweet caramel.
- High 5 India Pale Ale: brewed and dry hopped with Citra and Centennial hops to create piney, citrusy aromas and flavors bursting out of every pint.
- Red Tape American Amber: This award-winning amber beer is laced with a caramel richness and smooth finish. The crisp, clean bite perfectly balances with the malt, making every sip truly enjoyable.
- Tamiami Tan: A chocolate malt that is perfectly paired with a good cigar. The crisp refreshment is also refined with coffee flavors, allowing for a unique taste you’ll hardly find anywhere else. Even those who turn their noses up at dark ales enjoy this brew.
Enjoy the Tastes of Fort Myers During Your Stay
If you’re planning a visit to Fort Myers Beach, we invite you to discover your own paradise in our luxury vacation rentals. Unlike most Fort Myers hotels, our rentals provide you with all the space and freedom you need for a truly memorable getaway, all at unbeatable prices. Whether you are on the lookout for a beachfront retreat or luxury executive level home, we have exactly what you are looking for! Find your perfect rental with us today and download our free Vacation Guide to start planning your dream beach escape!