Sun Palace Vacations offers "Exceptional Property Management"
Resort Style Vacation Homes
Current Job OpportunitiesGUEST RELATIONS MANAGER
A Guest Services Representative is responsible for assisting with the daily duties necessarily to facilitate a positive overall guest experience. The individual must demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication, administrative, and organizational skills. He/She will assist with the completion of the Guest Services processes and procedures for the company and must provide the highest standards of courteous customer service in order to meet or exceed guest expectations. The individual should be skilled at handling escalated customer issues both over the phone and in person. The position requires a strong ability to perform multiple repetitive tasks with great attention to detail. He/she will also be trained to assist with front of house tasks so that they can help as required. A successful candidate will also possess a positive and upbeat attitude, strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Additionally, he/she may work with the Reservation/Sales Team, as needed, in responding to guest inquiries, reservation follow-up and other sales activities.
- Confirm online guest reservations over the phone in order to ensure they are booked according to rental policies - minimum night requirements, discounting, age requirements, reservation notes, etc.
- Assist with follow-up payment processing on guests reservations, as well as processing payments over the phone.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of our destination, vacation rentals, and policies and procedures so that you can answer guest inquiries (via phone, email, or in-person) in a timely, professional, and accurate manner.
- Liaise with local businesses to develop loyalty programs and income opportunities
- Assist the Reservation and Operations staff as needed in responding to escalated guest in house issues or complaints. Resolve conflicts, find solutions, solve the problems, listen to customer needs and make them happy. Follow up diligently on guest in house issues - make sure to communicate to guest during repairs and after issues have been resolved. Ensure follow up communications are handled promptly and with tact and care for the customer, while at the same time protecting the interest of the company and property owners.
- Fully comprehend and have the ability to successfully execute all relevant technologies. Be able to perform all duties of a Reservations Agent. Perform guest follow-up calls, welcome calls, pre-departure calls, property access calls, and lost and found calls.
- Cross train, as needed, within the company in order to facilitate expanding skills and knowledge base.
- Be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, owners, vendors, managers and all other employees.
- Communicate in a timely manner with appropriate staff when you identify an opportunity to create efficiency or improve service
- Perform other duties as may be required or assigned.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in the vacation rental / accommodations industry. In depth customer service and support background a plus.
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor's Degree or minimum of 2 years of post-secondary education preferred.
- Able to handle the stress of high customer demand in a hospitality environment.
Ability to work weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed is a requirement.
- Ability to work occasional evening shifts is preferred.
- Highly proficient in utilization of Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Strong computer skills, detail oriented, proven analytical skills and ability to respond to issues in a timely manner while working in a fast paced environment.
- Social media skills with Facebook, email marketing etc. a plus
- Have reliable transportation (mileage paid) and pass a background check